Virginia Career Works – Blue Ridge
We work with local businesses, government agencies, educational entities and other partners to meet regional workforce needs and allow individuals to prosper, grow & thrive in our region.
The Western Virginia Workforce Development Board is currently accepting nominations for individuals interested in serving on the Local Workforce Development Board (LWDB) for the Blue Ridge Region. The LWDB is responsible for overseeing the administering federal, state, and local workforce training dollars as well as acting as the regional convener for workforce development agencies in the region. The Blue Ridge Region consists of the Counties of Alleghany, Botetourt, Craig, Franklin, and Roanoke and the Cities of Covington, Roanoke, and Salem.
The current vacancies on the Board include:
- A representative of a private-sector business in Alleghany County
- A representative of a private-sector business in Botetourt County
- A representative of a private-sector business in Franklin County
- A representative of a private-sector business in Roanoke City
- A representative of a private-sector business in Roanoke County
- Two representatives of community-based organizations in the region (the definition of a community-based organization is an organization that has demonstrated experience and expertise in addressing the employment needs of individuals with barriers to employment, including Veterans, persons with disabilities, and “out of school” youth.)
- A representative of Title II Adult Education programming in the region
- A representative of Career and Technical Education programs in the region
For individuals interested in serving in one of these capacities, please email Morgan Romeo at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact by phone at 540-562-8442 x 201.
The Virginia Career Works – Roanoke Center is currently open to the public from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and from 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM on Wednesdays. Staff are on-site and available to assist individuals with their employment needs, but no staff are available to see individuals face-to-face regarding unemployment insurance benefits.
Our online scheduling software is still available for you to make an appointment for services! There are appointments available for individuals to speak to someone regarding their unemployment insurance benefits.
Appointments are available Monday through Friday for anything you may need, including, but not limited to:
Job Search Assistance
Virginia Workforce Connection Assistance
Training and Education
Additional Resources (housing, food, transportation, etc.)
For any questions, please email Toni McLawhorn, One Stop Coordinator, at email@example.com.
We want to help you get into your dream career!
We want to help you get the talent you need!
We want to help you explore your options and achieve self-sufficiency!
We're Hiring!The Western Virginia Workforce Development Board currently has two employment...
To better understand our community’s health needs, we have partnered with Carilion...
The Western Virginia Workforce Development Board is pleased to release the final report from the...